Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization (Most commonly called SEO) brings customers to your website through search engines like Google, Bing, etc.
SEO is very powerful because it brings in customers who are actively searching for your services and ready to buy. Are you doing enough to acquire these buyers?
How We Help You With SEO
Looking Deeper Into SEO
SEO is a way to design and write your website so that it will rank highly in Google’s ( or Bing, etc.) search results. Studies have shown that over 60% of people will only click on the first 3 results and less than 10% will continue their search on the next page.
Therefore, it is imperative that your site ranks well. Our services involve writing and designing your website so that it follows Google’s own guidelines for how to rank well in search results. Remember: Your website is like your digital front door. How much business will you lose if people can’t find you?
Misconceptions About SEO
There are big misconceptions about SEO. Here are the 2 we hear most often from clients:
- Optimizing for search just means filling out a WordPress, SEO plugin or choosing a few “tags.”
- Optimizing for search is completed when you create your website and it does not need to be updated after that.
Yes, filling out the fields in a WordPress plugin is a basic start, but our research will help you find the words (and tell you how to use them) that people are actually using when they search for content that you offer.
Filling out “tags” without doing research may actually hurt your business because it can bring people to your pages that are not actually interested in what you offer. They will then leave quickly and increase your “bounce rate.” This is a sign of low quality to Google and it could be pushing you lower in search rankings and costing you visitors, sales, etc.
In an ideal world, your website would need to be optimized periodically. There are 4 main reasons for this:
- SEO is a competition to stay ahead in search results. If you lose…you lose a lot of business.
- Search trends change over time (words used in search and also searcher’s intent).
- A few times a year, Google will make changes to the weighting of the factors that affect its search algorithm.
- We can analyze user experience and user flow in analytics and reorganize/redesign layout based on data and potential.
All that being said, some small businesses may not be able to afford frequent user experience/SEO redesigns; the good news is that we tailor our services to your needs and budget.